- What is the consistency of it?
it is a powder that has a slight granular texture, similar to sugar.
- How often should I give it to my dog or cat?
if using for maintaining their overall good oral health, once daily. If using to reduce tartar or plaque, give after each meal.
- Should I continue to use my probiotic for their gut health/microbiome or will the Pet-Riodontal be enough?
There are 5 probiotics and 6 digestive enzymes in Pet-Riodontat that will stay within the oral cavity with only a slight trickle to the gut. My suggestion is to continue with your gut-health probiotic for optimal results.
- Will my dog or cat like the taste of it?
The only flavor is a slight bit of sweetness from the prebiotic of Inulin. Most pets love a bit of sweet taste, making the compliance easy.
- How do I give it to my dog/cat?
There are a couple of ways to administer. The product comes with a ¼ tsp. scoop for ease of dosing. You can put that right on their tongue after they eat or at bedtime and they will lick it all over their teeth and gums or, you can simply place the dose right on their plate or bowl right before they eat their last bite, treating it like a desert! Much success is gained by this method.
- Should I use a toothbrush to apply it to their teeth?
NO. Using a toothbrush on your pets’ teeth can push bad bacteria under the gums, making it more difficult to remove.